When time is of utmost importance and simplicity is a must, finding a dinner recipe to tick all boxes can be a challenge. This 7-minute and 4-ingredient recipe is my go to, for those evenings when I need to get dinner on the table fast, and I don’t have much left in the fridge.
This recipe takes only 4 ingredients and 7 minutes to prepare (with a Quick Cook pasta), and is a real winner with my kids. In fact it is one of their favourite meals.
Tomato and Egg Speedy Pasta
- 150 g Quick Cook Pasta
- 1 Egg Free Range / Organic
- 6 tbsp Passata or to taste
- Cheddar cheese to garnish optional
- Start by boiling the pasta in salty water, as per the packet instructions. for Quick Cook pasta, this is usually around 5 minutes.
- When the pasta is ready, drain in a colander and return to the same pan. Add the passata and egg and stir gently until combined with the pasta, without overdoing it. Keep stirring occasionally, until the egg is completely cooked through, (around 2 minutes), or to your liking.
- Divide in plates and garnish with some grated cheddar cheese (optional) to your liking.